How To Change Dragster Headlamp Bulbs
Changing the headlamp bulbs on an Italjet Dragster is easy! Perhaps one of your bulbs is burnt out, and you need to replace it. Or, maybe you want to want to upgrade to the high-intensity blue/white bulbs, like I did (click here for before and after photos). Either way, changing bulbs only takes a couple of minutes.
There are a total of three bulbs in the front headlamp assembly. The two larger outer bulbs are the main headlamps, and the single smaller bulb in the middle is the parking lamp. The main headlamps are dual-filament, which means that a single bulb produces both the low- and high-beam settings. This procedure explains how to change the two outer bulbs:
Thanks to Grant West & Paul Robinson for their input.
- Make sure your scooter's key is turned to the "off" position.
- Locate the two grey plastic bulb fixtures above the front wheel, underneath the plastic housing under the headlamp. You do not need to remove any pieces of the body for this procedure.
- Grasp the grey plastic bulb fixture firmly, and rotate it counter-clockwise until you hear a "click." Pull the fixture out of the headlamp assembly and down so you can access the bulb.
- You do not need to remove any of the wires or tabs to remove the bulb. Press down on the front of the bulb and rotate it clockwise to release it from the fixture. Pull the bulb out.
- Insert the new bulb, making sure to take note of the two different sized tabs on the bulb stem. It will only fit inside the housing one way.
- Press down on the front of the bulb and rotate it counter-clockwise until the tabs on the bulb stem lock the bulb into place.
- Re-insert the grey plastic bulb housing into the headlamp assembly, then rotate clockwise until you hear the fixture click into place.
- Turn your scooter's key to the "on" position and test your new bulbs!
Return to the home page